A familybusiness with tradition
Bruno Kny, born 1903 in Steinschoenau, Sudetenland started his career in his homecountry as the manager of the largest chandelier company in the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. After fleeing from Sudetenland he came to Upper Austria and was able to gain a foothold here very soon. At first he was employed in a company as the head of the chandelier production department. Later he was appointed plant manager.
In 1956, Bruno Kny, together with his son Gerold Kny, founded the company Kny & Son in Ramingdorf. Currently, the company in third generation, has Harald Kny at the helm, grandson of the founder. He was appointed managing director in 1989.
At the beginning the focus was laying on living room lighting, particularly on Maria-Theresia chandeliers.
Today the program has a much wider spectrum. Now we offer master plans for mansions, hotels, restaurants, ships and public buildings. Our production and supply capabilities include high quality furniture, decorative lighting for indoor and outdoor use and ornate metal and glass for interior and exterior architecture.
1903Bruno Kny, born in Schoenau (Sudentenland)
1945Arrival in Upper Austria
1956Foundation of the company Kny Kny & Son with focusing on chandeliers
1983Focus on the project-specific business
1989Harald Kny assumes company management
2014Constant investment in research, new technology and production facilities